Abstracts of up to 500 words are accepted as submissions to the BCCN 2009. The abstract should describe the research, its relevance, and originality. It should be self-contained and by itself allow for an appropriate evaluation of the work. The abstract has to be inserted
into a web interface in plain text. Title, authors, and affiliations are to be entered in separate fields. To support the abstract, you may upload a one-page PDF as supplementary material. The PDF can contain additional text, equations, and figures. Font size should be no smaller than 8dpi.
Note that submissions that do not adhere to the above and the following instructions will not be considered.
Note the submission deadline has been extended to May 31, 2009, 23:59 UTC.
Abstracts can be updated after the initial submission until the submission page closes on May 31, 2009, 23:59 UTC. If you plan to
submit, please register as a new author/user at least 24 hours before submission closes. For abstract submission follow the detailed guideline below.
Abstract submission details
To submit, please go to http://bccn2009.confmaster.net. Submission to the conference implies that all listed authors have approved the contribution.
- Register as a new author/user (link on the left) and enter all required information. Input fields marked with * are mandatory. Even if you are not planning to submit an abstract immediately, we would like to ask you to register as soon as possible (at least 24 hours before deadline) to make sure that you get the confirmation email with login information in time. For all text fields in the submission/author-registration process, please make sure that you do NOT use capital letters. That is, write "Miller" and not "MILLER".
- After receiving the confirmation email containing your user name and password, you can log into the system using the link above (which will also be provided in the email again). By clicking onto “Change User Data” you can always edit the information you provided during the registration procedure as well as your user name and password.
- The abstract has to be entered as plain text into the provided text field. The text should be prepared offline and copied into the text field at submission. Please proofread the text carefully, especially making sure that special characters are shown correctly. You may also include acknowledgement and references within the word limit.
- An optional supplementary material may be uploaded as a one page PDF-file. Please name it according to the last name of the corresponding author. The supplementary material will be linked to your abstract on the conference website. However, the abstract is the main document and should be self-contained. You can refer to figures or equations in the PDF, but make sure that the text is understandable without such references. For example: "... has a strong influence on the reconstruction error (also compare supplementary Fig. 1)."
- For each abstract the submitting author has to give the names of each co-author and each co-author's affiliation and e-mail address. Each affiliation has to be entered along with its city and country (format: institute, university, city, country). For authors with more than one affiliations, please enter all his/her affiliations into the affiliation text field using a semicolon as separator. For instance: Institute A, University A, City A, Country A; Institute B, University B, City B, Country B. In case of a positive evaluation, this information will be used to compile the abstract for later publication. Therefore, please take special care about possible spelling mistakes.
- Please choose a preferred presentation type (oral or poster). If you choose "oral", your submission is still very likely to be selected for poster presentation. If you choose "poster", your submission will not be selected for oral presentation even if it is judged to be of sufficiently high quality for one. If you state that you plan to participate in the students symposium, there is an additional possibility that your abstract is accepted for oral presentation there.
- After the initial upload, submitted abstracts can be edited until submission deadline (within the list of your abstracts, click on the magnifying glass and choose "edit data"). All authors will automatically be informed about the initial submission of the abstract and all later changes.
- Please note that the submitting author is automatically set to be the corresponding author. If you want to change this, please go to “View own papers” after the initial upload.
- One author may submit more than one abstract and/or can be author of more than one abstract.
- Notifications about acceptance / presentation type will be sent by Monday, July 13th.
Demonstration submission details
Deadline is 15th June; decision about demonstrations will be made by July 13th